Thursday, February 08, 2007

Boredom, Beauty and Pain

I've been thinking about this above topic since our last intern retreat up north at the start of January and boy is it interesting!

I used to be guilty of using the term... 'I'm bored' up until we looked into this and now it cracks me up anytime someone says they're bored, arrgghhh!

Trent (the guy taking this part of the retreat) came to the conclusion that boredom is restlessness for the story of God, beauty is the honor of sharing the dreams of God and pain is the privledge of sharing and experiencing the aches of God. I find this to be sooooo cool and so true, I'd just never looked at it like this before.

When we get lost from the restfulness of not knowing Gods story as it unfolds in the Bible and begin to engage in it then it leaves us and we become open to the beauty and pain of the world and will never be bored again.

I think it's incredible, we never need to be bored again... live the life you dream about, engage and believe, you can do it... don't be restless!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyy ellen, it heather crozier here, i was on alains blog then came across ur's. i was just reading this post and thought it was very touoching so thought i wud tell you, hope all is well with you. God Bless xx