Thursday, November 15, 2007

mass

I had the unpleasant experience of attending the father of my step dad's funeral today. He's catholic and so obviously the funeral was very different to what I participate with but saying that I haven't felt closer to God in a long time than standing looking at the crucifixes, pictures, candles and people there at the service. It was a surreal feeling, somewhat of a longing to reach out and explain to those there about my faith and beliefs. It seemed to neither be the time or place though. Especially when I embarrassed myself my saying, very loudly; "For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen"

I'm struggling even more to comprehend the jist to life, death and loneliness. I don't get it. To me this seemed like an expected conclusion to my melted week as Davy was very sick. I don't have much more to say today except life is precious so roll on Foy Vance this weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

i love that you add "roll on foy vance this weekend" i have no idea what that means, but i find it funny.

and i can totally see you saying "for thine is the kindom..." line too loud.

i am sorry about all that though.