Friday, October 30, 2009

My Obsession with Clothes


The need to shop can be a hard habit to break. For many people buying new clothing, shoes, accessories, books, CDs and other things can bring joy to a dreary day. It can make you feel a temporary rush but without proper budgeting - can destroy your life.

I used to be a compulsive clothes buyer. Often I felt a need to buy something new to fill my time. More often than not it was an item I wore once, maybe twice if it was lucky. I couldn't go into a shop and come out empty handed. If I got it in my mind I wanted something I won't stop obsessing about it until I had it. Needing new things is an addiction; learning to enjoy what you already have is a freedom! ..I have just come to learn this concept.

I haven't bought a new item of clothing (minus one small thing!?!) since June. JUNE. There hasn't been any particular reason, I just made an unthoughtful comment after Uganda that I wasn't going to buy anything clothes related until Christmas. I'm extremely pleased I've made it this far.

I'm going to London for the weekend tomorrow and I KNOW FOR A FACT I won't be able to resist a sneaky trip to Camden Market, Portobella Road or Topshop's Oxford Circus store. Will I be able to resist my temptations or give in to my old habit/addiction to shop?



(what I really want to hear is that I deserve to treat myself to a new sneaky tee!)

No comments: