Thursday, February 01, 2007

Radio

For as long as I can remember I've alwayssssss wanted to be a TV presenter.

I used to tell myself that it was totally unrealistic and that I should keep such dreams to myself. It's only really been the past few years that I started to think that someone has to do it and why shouldn't that person be me? :) So I began telling people because you never know who that persons going to tell and how the network in the media world works.

Since beginning internship last september I've thought about nothing more than how to go about getting into TV after this year or after uni but with being so hectic I haven't had as much time as I would have wished to do research so I keep telling myself Psalm 37 v 4...


"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."


Anyway, to cut a long, long story short....

I was due to start an OCN in Youth Work on saturday morning but after a conversation with a friend on Friday night about it I came to the conclusion that Youth Work really isn't for me and that it's media I really want to pursue, so I asked God to give me a better reason to get out of the course.....

That evening when I got in I got a text message from my dear brother Dave Mull telling me that a guy from UTVs Radio Station U105 was in contact with him looking my number because he heard I was interested in Radio (good networking eh?) and that there was a few positions now available!!! Exciting or what?!! Straight away I knew the course was down the drain. He passed on my number and I waited in anticipation all Saturday morning for my phone call...


The guy was a legend who called, He told me that they were looking for a paper reviewer and if I was interested I could come along tomorrow morning (last Sunday) for a wee look around during the show. (arrgghhhhhhhh) I 100% believe it's a God thing.

Sunday morning was amazing, just being in the UTV buildings hanging out and learning all about how it all happens and works was class. Good old George Jones and Gerry Kelly were there too and any time they introduced me they said, 'This is Ellen, a new member of the team'.

SO EXCITING!!

So yea, I GOT A JOB AT THE UTV RADIO STATION!!! U105!! woohooooo!! I begin getting trained this Saturday and then they're introducing me on the show on Sunday morning and I'll start off with reporting one or two stories before a progress to four or five. Great experience for my TV career...

If any of you are early birds and like radio then tune in to U105.8 FM, Sunday mornings 7 -10 Am Sunrise....


"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37 v 4

1 comment:

dave wiggins said...

7am on a sunday morning? doubt it pal. pleased for you though, well done, you're half way there.