Monday, March 26, 2007

Wells

After I got out of work on Sunday morning I went back to Amys and decided to go with her, Jill (Amy's legend mum) and Joy to their church. It's called 'Wells' and in Moneyreagh. Boy did I love it.

I've heard so much about this wee church, so much so that it didn't really sound like something normal. They used to have it in a wee pub but have recently moved across the road to the primary school. It didn't really look like it but they must be growing in numbers.

Anyway, the whole time, as you do, I was comparing it to my church, one where we pretty much have everything regards building, equipment and funds to do alot of events and support missions. Don't get me wrong, I love all that but I don't think it's what really deep down matters.

This wee primary school had the wee school seats in the very small assembly room and just one guy playing the guitar, it was too cool. I wasn't impressed when the time came I had to go to the toilet, primary school sized toilets are not the way forward. It just made me think I was way too comfortable in my own church although it probably was alot more enjoyable as we had the lovely Ewan Lockhart sitting beside us, he kept Amy amused so all was good.

I have no idea what the purpose of this post is but I guess I'm trying to say that it doesn't matter where your church is or what your church has, it's what you do in it, making sure God is glorified.

2 comments:

J-Mac said...

He's got a girlfriend and you have a contract!

Ellen Wright said...

lol shut up brother, i've known him forever... and it's not like that. 3 months of my contract left, ooo yea!!!